International Protection Mechanisms
16 - 20 January 2023
Geneva - Switzerland
The Geneva Institute for Human Rights (GIHR) is organizing a training course on: Children's rights international protection mechanisms on the margins of the dicussion of the periodic report of the Sultanate of Oman before the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child (CRC) from 16 to 20 January 2023 at the Institute's and the United Nations headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland.
1. Enhancing the participants' interaction with the international human rights system
2. Developing the capacities and skills of the participants regarding the work of the United Nations Committee on the Rights of the Child
During the training course, several methods will be used, including lectures, discussions and brainstorming, which will be supervised by the training staff of the Institute in addition to experts from the Committee on the Rights of the Child, and participation in the discussion session of the periodic report of the Sultanate of Oman before the Committee on the Rights of the Child.
Skills and knowledge participants will acquire
The training program has been developed in a professional and interactive manner that combines theoretical education in the form of sharing scientific knowledge with practical application in the form of participation in the discussion session of the UN Committee on the Rights of the Child of the periodic report of Oman.
The training will be conducted in Arabic by a selection of experts and trainers in this area.
• Participants can be human rights activists and defenders or workers from civil society organizations, national human rights institutions, academic institutions and government agencies.
• Participants have the desire to continue carrying out human rights activities.
• The target group should be willing to benefit from the program and to share with others the experience they have gained.
• Participants should be committed to attend and participate actively throughout the program.
• Participants should have the skill to deal with people from different backgrounds and have a proper style of dialog and discussion.
• Have a spirit of teamwork and institutional action.
• Obligation to complete the registration form.
• Full time learning is required.
• Course fee obligation.
Criteria for selection of participants
The Institute's selection committee will review all the forms submitted and will consider the completed data and information forms, and select 25 participants, taking into account the enhanced participation of women as well as the geographical distribution of the Middle East and North Africa region.
Participants who successfully complete the training course will receive a certificate of participation from the Geneva Institute for Human Rights.
For participants from non-governmental organizations, the training course fee is of 1,000 CHF, for national human rights institutions the fee is 1,250 CHF and for government agencies the required fee is of 1,500 CHF. All travel, daily subsistence and accommodation costs should be covered by the trainee.
Payment of fee:
Fees will be charged once your participation is confirmed. As the course has limited places, participation can only be guaranteed by paying fees. In case of cancellation, by the participant or non-obtention of visa, a cancellation fee of -200 Swiss francs will be charged.
Registration deadline: 16 December 2022
Registration to be done by filling in the form below.
For inquiries and more information, please click here or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
• A clear photocopy of a valid passport must be submitted.
• If you already have a Schengen visa, please attach it with your passport photo.
• Please attach a formal letter from the governmental or non-governmental agency if the applicant is represented by them.
•The Institute shall provide participants with formal invitations to the Swiss Embassy.
•The Geneva Institute for Human Rights does not bear any responsibility if the visa is denied by the competent Swiss authorities.
•The Institute has the right to cancel the participation of the trainee if the provided information is incorrect.