- GIHR cooperates with various academic circles and human rights related bodies or organisations to take advantage of their respective knowledge or areas of experience, in particular with the Office of the United Nations’ High Commissioner for Human Rights(OHCHR) and International Institute of Human Rights -Strasbourg.
- The Institute conducts research and studies in the field of human rights.
- Organisation of training courses on human rights (>Activities)
- Publication of bulletins and periodical journals (>Publications)
- GIHR organises symposia, conferences, lectures and seminars that enable it to attain its objectives. (>Activities)
- Providing consultations related to human rights issues, providing technical and informational services.
- Agenda and documentation of reports and information related to human rights.
- Development of a human-rights-specific database and library.
- Study Tour for Students. (Download)
- National awareness and capacity building in human rights sustainably developed in all sectors of the State machinery and society, contributing towards ‘change from within’.
- Human rights anchored sustainably in national/regional institutions, processes and protection mechanisms.
- MENA+ region is robustly and effectively engaged with Geneva-based human rights bodies and mechanisms.
The Geneva Institute for Human Rights provides in-house training courses, workshops, conference sessions and seminars to raise awareness on human rights, and it offers other forms of specialized, professional education for a wide range of organisations in the public and voluntary sector. Clients include police forces from different countries in the Arab region, judges, lawyers, diplomats, social service departments, human rights governmental and non-governmental organisations as well as national institutions. In the course of its activities, GIHR has cooperated – and continues to do so – with many well-known organisations and bodies, to name just a few: The Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights(OHCHR) in Geneva, the Treaty Bodies Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights in Sudan, the African Union(AU), the International Committee of the Red Cross(ICRC), the World Trade Organisation(WTO) as well as the International Labour Office(ILO).
If you are interested in receiving human rights training or in taking part in any of our activities, please find more detailed information below.