Regional Training Course
Concepts and mechanisms of human rights protection
14-18 February 2022
The Geneva Institute for Human Rights announces the opening of applications for the regional training course on the concepts and mechanisms of human rights protection, which will be held in Istanbul, Turkey, from 14-18 February 2022.
The regional training course comes as a continuation of the Institute’s work in the field of spreading awareness and defending human rights, citizenship and good human values, and promoting human rights in order to bring change, and in order to work to reach the stage of societies free from violations, not only enjoying their full rights but also exercising them, in addition to spread awareness of the culture of human rights and fundamental freedoms and to promote democratic participation.
Objectives of the training course
The training program aims to spread the culture of human rights, enhance the effective participation of NGOs, national institutions, and government institutions concerned with human rights, strengthen their influence in discussions and enable them to participate fully and effectively, with a special focus on human rights protection mechanisms.
The program interacts with international, regional and national protection mechanisms and provides a practical framework aimed at raising the capacities of human rights workers and developing their capacities in order to consolidate the comprehensive approach to human rights and enhance rights holders' knowledge of their rights.
During the training course, we will follow several methods, including lectures, discussions, brainstorming, working groups, case studies to be supervised by the Institute's training staff as well as experts specializing in human rights.
Skills and knowledge that the participants will receive:
The training program has been prepared in an interactive, professional manner that combines theoretical education by providing participants with scientific knowledge about the United Nations conventions in the field of human rights and the protocols attached to them, the individual complaints mechanism, in addition to national, regional and international mechanisms.
The training will be in Arabic by a group of experts and trainers in this aspect.
Conditions for joining the training course
• The participants are activists and human rights defenders, or staff members in civil society organizations, research institutes, international organisations, UN agencies, member of national institutions, and representatives of governments.
• Participants have a tendency to continue implementing human rights activities.
• The target group has the desire to benefit from the program and benefit others with the experiences they acquire.
• Commitment to attendance and active participation throughout the program days.
• Dealing with others and the method of dialogue and discussion.
• Possessing the spirit of team and institutional work.
• Obligation to fill out the registration form.
• The need to devote full time to the work of the training program.
• Full readiness to carry out the tasks required of the participant after completing the program.
Criteria for selecting participants in training course
A selection committee will review all the submitted forms, and the forms that complete the required data and information will be considered, and 25 participants will be selected, taking into account the gender balance to ensure the participation of women as well as the geographical distribution of the Middle East and North Africa region.
• CV, photograph.
• The Institute has the right to cancel the participation of the trainee in the event that the written data is incorrect.
• A group of international human rights experts participate in the framing of the session.
• Deadline for registration January 14, 2022
• 25 participants will be selected.
• Accept the participation of individuals, non-governmental organizations, national and governmental institutions, member of research institutes, international organisations, UN agencies.
For inquiries and more information, please send an email to: email@example.com
Participants who successfully complete the training course receive a certificate of participation from the Geneva Institute for Human Rights.
The training fee for this five-day programme is 1500- USD (includes tuition costs, accommodation 6 nights in 5 stars hotel, course materials, 5 lunches, and refreshments during coffee breaks, and subsistence expenses and internal transportation in Istanbul)
All participants are responsible for their own travel costs to Istanbul, including Turkish visa fees.
The training fee for those attending the course online is 1,250 USD
The fee is payable as soon as your place has been confirmed. As places on the training course are limited, participation can only be secured through the payment of the fee. In case of cancellation by the participant, USD 200 won't be returned.
HOW TO APPLY
Register at the following link: